What to Do at Victoria Falls
View into the Batoka Gorge Towards the Victoria Falls
Having oohed and aahed at the magnificence of the Victoria Falls, it is now time to explore the area and try some of the exciting activities on offer. Get Local have some suggestions that will help you experience the wonder and glory of this stupendous place.
DRINK IN THE SPLENDER OF AFRICA
Sunset Cruise on the Zambezi River Upstream from the Victoria Falls
- A quiet Sunset Cruise above the Victoria Falls is a “must do” activity. You gently make your way up the river passing hippo, crocodiles and darting water birds, while sitting back and sipping a cool drink to slake your thirst. As you watch the African sun set over the river, elephant families, giraffe, rhino and many other animals come down to drink along the river banks. Sunset Cruise
Historic Bridge Tour Over the Zambezi River With Views Down into the Batoka Gorge
- A great family outing is the Historic Bridge Tour. The bridge spans the gorge between Zimbabwe and Zambia, close enough to enjoy the spray from the falls. The dramatic Batoka Gorge falls away below you and the Mighty Zambesi River crashes and churns its way through the narrow space between the giant granite cliffs. Historic Bridge Tour
- Why not take an exhilarating Horse Ride above the Falls. Views down into the gorge and animals grazing the bush veld make this a three hour adventure to write home about. Horse Riding Victoria Falls
Horse Riding Tour at Victoria Falls
- Step into a bygone era with a luxury journey on a steam train over the bridge and through the African bush. https://getlocal.africa/tour/royal-livingstone-express-train/136747
The Livingstone Express Crossing the Victoria Falls Bridge
- The Zambezi River has become the number one destination for avid freshwater anglers to wrestle the ferocious Tiger Fish. https://getlocal.africa/tour/zambezi-fishing/122525
Tiger Fishing on the Mighty Zambezi River
Day Trip to Chobe and the River Cruise on the Chobe River
- Further afield take a Day Safari to Botswana. The Chobe River has one of the greatest concentrations of wild life in Africa. This is a great chance to get a taste of the wild. You get a cruise on the river and a game drive in an open safari vehicle. Great value for money.
- An Open Vehicle Safari in the Chobe Game Reserve
- EAGLE’S EYE VIEW OF THE FALLS
Magnificent Helicopter Flight over the Victoria Falls
- Book a helicopter flight and get an aerial view of this spectacular place. A heli flight is a great experience at any time – but over the Victoria Falls it is a WOW!!
- Helicopter Flights
Free and Flying in a Microlite over the Victoria Falls
- Soar above the falls and feel the spray of the falls in a Microlite Flight. This is the ultimate Victoria Falls experience.
ADRENALIN AND ADVENTURE
Adrenalin Ride on a White Water Raft Down the Mighty Zambezi
- If you want an adrenaline rush and you are young and plucky, you need to try White Water Rafting up the Batoka Gorge.This is not for the faint hearted but a thrilling experience. In the dry season August to December it is Low Water rafting. During the rainy season it is a daring adventure to ride the waves and swells with High Water Rafting.
- High Water Rafting Seasonal-Jan to Feb and June to July
- Low Water Rafting-Seasonal August to December;
A Death Defying Bungee Leap off the Victoria Falls Bridge
- The worlds greatest Bungee Jump is only for the audaciously bold. You get to jump off the Victoria Falls Bridge with the swirling waters of the Falls 128m meters below you. Exhilarating and death defying!! Bungee Jump
Whizzing Over the Gorge on a Bridge Slide
- The Bridge Slide is exciting and adventurous but friendly for all ages from six years and up – either alone or with a friend. You start from a platform on the Zambian edge, the zipline glides 300 metres over the rapids in the Batoka Gorge below affording incomparable views of the Victoria Falls before gently coming to rest on the Zimbabwean side of the bridge. Spectacular and exciting.
Swing Over the Falls on a Bridge Swing From the Victoria Falls Bridge
- Or you can swing from a fixed possition for a different adrenaline pumping experience.
- Bridge Swing from Zimbabwe to Zambia
Try Something Very Different and Take a Crocodile Cage Dive
- Try a unique African experience and get up close and personal with crocodiles in a Crocodile Cage Dive. You enter their watery world and see these prehistoric reptiles in action at eye level. Scary but wonderful. Crocodile Cage Diving
Swim in Devils Pool Right at the Edge of The Victoria Falls
- The swim to beat all swims for sheer exhilleration, is above the falls, one metre from the edge, in Devils Pool. It is only possible in the dry season. This is the infinity pool to beat any other.
Swimming in Angels Pool is One for the Brave
- In the wet season it is possible to swim in Angels Pool. You need to clutch the rope strung across the swirling waters so as not be swept over the edge. Your guide will stand in front of you to act as your insurance. This is one for the tick list to say, ‘I did it!!’.
We are running some great special inclusive tours to Victoria Falls in four-star luxury lodges for a limited time. Three nights accommodation with flights included, from Johannesburg. Grab one while you can!!
- David Livingstone Safari Lodge near the falls on the Zambian side for three nights, breakfast, dinner and Sunset Cruise included. Three Nights David Livingstone Safari Lodge
- Kingdom Hotel is in Victoria Falls on the Zimbabwe side within easy walking distance of the falls. Inclusive breakfast and a Sunset Cruise. Three Nights Kingdom Hotel
- Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge is 87 km from Victoria Falls Zimbabwe, on the banks of the Zambezi. It is a four-star small unpretentious safari lodge offering a “True African Experience”. Their special includes full board with game drives and a day at Victoria Falls. This is a really great offer. Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge
Pictures of the David Livingston Hotel:
Pictures of the Gracious Livingstone Hotel in Zambia
Pictures of the Kingdom Hotel in Zimbabwe
Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge in Botwana
Game Drive at Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge
Check out other awesome local advice at https://getlocal.africa.